Free Web Counter
Web Counters

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Cheetos and Jeopardy


or...


The simple pleasures in life.


One time, long ago and far away in a land and time called college, I remember having an argument with a girl/friend who never really was a girlfriend about relationships. I made a comment something along the lines of "... You know you have a good relationship when you can just sit on the couch together and eat cheetos and watch Jeopardy."

She found this appalling. I still think I'm right.

Nearly 20 years later, I realize this is what I have. Of course the 2007 version is a little different. It involves sipping organic egg nog and munching on sesame crisps from the health food store while we watch re-runs of Scrubs after we've gotten the kids to bed. My wife says this has become her favorite time of the day. That makes me very glad. I think she needs to get out more, but it still makes me happy that she enjoys this time.

For cheetos and old friends. For memories and present days. For kids that are sleeping sweetly in their beds (at least for the moment). For restful moments and laughter. For organic egg nog (with a dash of rum!). And most of all for someone to share all these glorious riches with, I am thankful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're right too.... to be able to do what you want, and be just who you are, and to be able to share that with someone is very special, a lovely post

9:18 AM, November 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true: Relationships that need recreation are nothing compared to relationships that are recreation.

10:09 AM, November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home