Free Web Counter
Web Counters

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Roll Call...

I've switched over to the beta version of blogger and in the process, it looks like some commentators identities were changed to "anonymous." It wasn't my doing. Please take no offense.

Speaking of visitors, I'm going to request your indulgence. If you don't mind, make a comment to this post and just say "hey" or give your initials or identity or favorite ice cream flavor or something. I see the counter creeping up (this latest big jump I know came from some tinkering I was doing which resulted in numerous visits) and wonder who's dropped by or if some of these hits are from the kind of adbot software that showed up and left a link to a webpage on the post dated 11/11.

I guess I'm still amazed there are humans out there finding and reading this stuff. But I have to wonder just how many of you there really are.

Later humanoids.

9 Comments:

Blogger valis said...

When I posted this comment, there were 155 hits.

Daiquiri Ice rules.

V.A.L.I.S.

3:23 PM, December 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David

Haven't seen you in quite a while, but I've been following your blog from time to time. I especially liked your recent entry that compared blogging to karaoke. As an introvert, I've always sought a good way to "let loose," but I haven't found mine yet. For a while I thought it might be blues guitar playing, but a couple of summers ago I went broke and had to sell my guitar. Now I'm thinking about taking up dancing...
Anyway, I think you're doing an awesome job with the blog! Keep it up!

Leigh

4:46 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Variations On A Theme said...

IT's me. Your wife. #161

6:32 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Jeff said...

I'm still here, El Guapo! Up until yesterday, work has been absolutely insane. I've been peeking in at you and your wife's blogs, but haven't had the time to say anything.

It's one of those things I still intend to do...

But you know intentions.

3:39 AM, December 08, 2006  
Blogger Jeff said...

Oh, yeah. I was 165.

3:40 AM, December 08, 2006  
Blogger wordsonwater said...

I just got home from a 15 hour shift at work (not kidding) and I'm number 172, I think. I'm a bit bleary right now. I'm the only person I know who didn't have trouble with the switch to beta. I don't know why.

10:20 PM, December 08, 2006  
Blogger haptown said...

still looking in from time to time, just not always posting comments. This is Andy and I'm #184

2:30 PM, December 10, 2006  
Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

Hi I'm number 192, and given a choice, pistachio wins on the icecream front :)

I wandered over via your wife's blog - I often read but there isn't always time to comment - perhaps I'll remedy that soon, but your thoughts and writing keep me returning, thanks, Katie

11:13 AM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger valis said...

Thanks gang!

I appreciate you indulging me and dropping a line.

Most of you I knew were out there.

Some I did not.

And thanks again for reading.

p.s. The counter now shows 236, but most of those people were probably just looking for laxatives.

10:10 AM, December 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home