Free Web Counter
Web Counters

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hello again...

Well. 2007 appears to be the year when everything goes wrong. Lisa's back went out, the kids have been sick (both of them on the day of their birthday or planned birthday party), the truck doesn't want to start many mornings, our phone line inside our house is messed up and the phone company won't do anything about it, our computer fried, our gas grill started leaking propane (yikes!), our cassette deck on our stereo died, the hamster escaped (and unfortunately hasn't returned), the dogs escaped (and unfortunately did return), my right shoulder is messed up, Lisa's thyroid isn't acting properly, Ben isn't gaining weight properly and I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting.

The end result is our tax refund is spent before we've even got it back, we've met our deductable on our health insurance in record time and neither of us have been blogging lately.

We still have much to be thankful for. We've got a truck that occasionally acts up. We've got beautiful darling children who keep us up at night. We've got nagging aches and pains, but generally good health. We have a home. I've got a job that pays well enough that we can recover pretty easily from minor financial setbacks.

So now, this evening I've been trying to get our new Dell up and going and I've decided Windows Vista is kinda like a cheerleader girlfriend - pretty to look at but annoying in the long run. There aren't drivers yet for either of our printers and it took me about an hour to get our internet connection working. But we are connected again.

Maybe you'll hear more again soon.

I'm not so much into blogging these days, but I at least need to explain what I am doing with my writing energies.

p.s. Don't go see the Ghost Rider movie. It sucks big time.

2 Comments:

Blogger jdaviddark said...

Dave,
It makes me smile to imagine that, amid all these woes, you somehow managed to go out and see "the Ghost Rider movie." If you're like me, you sort of knew it would suck big time, BUT you had to see for yourself AND you had to hope it would rock. Incidentally, I'm only now seeing the Fantastic Four (library copy), and I'm pleasantly surprised. It doesn't feel entirely irredeemable.

Best

7:20 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger valis said...

I was hoping it would be more like Spiderman and less like a straight-to-video release. Alas...

I went to see the movie hoping for a little mindless escape from the day-to-day grind. Well, I got mindless anyway. And maybe a little perspective. Despite the troubles in my life, at least I can say I'm not a part of that movie.

9:21 PM, February 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home