Free Web Counter
Web Counters

Friday, August 24, 2007


I apologize for the lack of new content here. Life is moving in many directions at once these days. I'm about 6 weeks into the new job. The school year has started back. That probably meant for stress for my wife and I than for our daughter. Her response to hearing there would be 22 kids in her first grade class: "Wow! I'll have 21 new friends!" The comment shows not only her indomitable spirit and her extroverted personality, but also certain cognitive skills (i.e. she remembered not to count herself). It appears she has a wonderfully energetic and creative teacher this year.


Something I can show off and share is a creation that I was able to complete this summer with the help of my dad, my wife and an artist friend of hers. It's a circulation desk for our school library. This was one of those things where I got myself in over my head and had to tread water till help could arrive. But in the end, I was really pleased with the final product and it's a fun addition to the school library.


The librarian who is a wonderful asset to the school (hmmm… is it correct to refer to a person as an asset?), spent last year struggling behind a small cramped desk where she tried to keep her computer, check books in and out, and have a place for volunteers to work. Hopefully wormy, pictured below, will make a difference.




2 Comments:

Blogger haptown said...

Wormy looks great!! Well done. I'll have to take a peak at it the next time I'm in the school.

8:23 PM, August 24, 2007  
Blogger Paulson said...

Very cool; impressive even! I know you've worked on that for months, but it looks like you've worked on it for years. That school is very lucky to have your family!

3:36 AM, August 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home